The Big Dumb Fun Show, a nationally syndicated radio program you can listen to every Monday night at bigdumbfunshow.com, interviewed me about the Behemoth 52nd (B-52) Turducken Cake. You can view the first half of the interview at the link below. I’m not sure if the guys will be posting the second half, but I’ll be sure to post it if they do!
I did it. I finished a real Turducken cake. Not like the folks who do pie inside cake and stop there. Not like the folks who do a measly one or two layers of it. If you are at all impressed with this post, I beg of you to take a moment to please share it with friends, family, social networks and so on. It took me a full year to complete the Fifty-Two Cakes project in order to help pass the time while my husband is deployed, and it all culminated into this one monumental, expensive, difficult, time-consuming, disgusting, calorie-ridden, delicious work of art – and it would mean so much to me to see it shared for the world to see!
- Height: 10 inches
- Width: 10 inches
- Volume: 785 cubic inches
- Weight: 33 pounds
- Hours to Completion: 26
- Full Buttercream Frosting Recipes: 4
- Full Cake Recipes: 6
- Full Pie Recipes: 3
- Approx. # of standard-sized cookies: 18
- Bottom – “Chocolate Elvis Layer” – Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookie inside Banana Cream Pie inside Chocolate Cake
- Middle – “Classic Neopolitan Layer” – Dark Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie inside Strawberry Pie inside Vanilla Bean Cake
- Top – “Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice Layer” – Oatmeal Raisin Cookie inside Apple Pie inside Carrot Cake